4/2/08

Oh snap! Laur's Opinion of JB Fans!

This lovely exposẻ was supposed to be about my opinion on Jonas Brothers fans and them only. But, I might as well give you a little history to get you up to speed... Maybe add a few random words that don't have anything to do with this post.

Two years ago, when I saw the Jonas Brothers on TRL back in March 2006 (stupid tv remote); I thought their fanbase was crazy. THEN! Which by today's JB fandom standard, it would be like them going to Wal*Mart at 4 am. Well, maybe not. But, you get the point.

It's safe to say you've seen some recent Jonas Brothers apperance on the television, you've seen the plethora of young teenage girls who scream (loudly) at the mere mention of the names: Nick, Kevin, or Joe. I think they can read minds. I swear I just heard some scream. Anyway, moving on... Jonas Brothers fans are in a league of their own. And I'm not talking about the movie.

After the premire of the Year 3000 music video, their fanbase has gone through the roof. Especially after their apperance on a Hannah Montana episode: Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas, back last August.
The fans are everywhere now. You know, the insanely hyperactive obsessed fans who thinks she gonna marry a Jonas Brother. Sorry to break it to you girls. There's 3 of them, and a million of you. I'm sure most of you will look back at this in 5 years and think, 'What in the world was I thinking?' and rightfully so.

I think it's absolutely great that they finally got their first headlining tour - Look Me In the Eyes Tour after three years of trying. I don't want the old them back. They've grown up and moved on. It's the fans would only scream that annoy me to no end. I'm not sure if any of you caught last week's Jimmy Kimmel. If you didn't, here's a recap.

*screams*
'We're gonna party like it's the Year 3000!'
*scream*
*John Cusack sitting and getting interviewed*

You guessed those fans were screaming. I'm not sure if they were on a rollercoaster or getting attacked by a cougar.. *snicker* Sorry. But! You don't treat a late night show apperance like some mid-day concert. It's rude to the other actors/performers that are there that night. These "true" fans are giving the Jonas Brothers a bad reputation and don't even realize it. Can't a simple clap suffice?

Also, why can't they take ANYTHING with a grain of salt? The shows like 'The Soup' are supposed to make fun of people and AGHAST! They give them more mainstream non-Disney exposure. UNHEARD OF! Oh, the horror.

Okay, I'll stop being a drama queen now. But seriously, get a grip. They're just three guys, not the Beatles. In fact, I don't even know why people get so obsessed with other people.

Maybe I should stop taking everything with a tablespoon of salt...

don'tkillmeh..

<3laur

p.s. the amas scared me for life... *shudder*

1 comment:

OF said...

I love you Lauren. Seriously :P

You're right. those girls need to seriously MOVE ON. They're just 3 dudes who go on stage and sing/play, there are many fangirls out there who need to just stop. They will regret what they've done with the whole Jonas Brothers fandom when they're older, why continue it? Its like how I feel with Hannah Montana, considering I failed my first permit test because I wanted to watch Miley Cyrus on TRL and now I regret it because I'm over hannah montana and Miley cyrus.

*stops rambling*

So yeah people who over react with people making fun of the Jonas brothers and take it to a point where they end up hating the people who made fun of them in the first place (if that makes sense) Have to move on. Its all fun and games. Sigh. JoBros fans... Relax.

So yeah anyway, YAY LAUR AND THE AWESOMENESS :)