4/26/08

My Goodness... >.<

Well, first I want to say that I'm glad Camy joined our posting. :]


Now, I was hoping to put off doing this blog for however long I could, but someone just isn't making things easier for me...or herself.

Now, I'm sure that you all have seen the new, NEW Miley pics, so I'll refrain from posting them.

Eh...I was trying so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt. I tried to overlook the first pictures with her friend at the hotel sleepover, with the candy...then, with the underwear and the bikini pics...but now with the pictures with the bra and that creepy kid Thomas, I can only shake my head.

My thing is, not that she's 15 and taking pictures like this, because, believe me, kids our age do take pictures like that. I have several friends on myspace that I see at school with pictures very similar to that on their pages. >.< But that fact that she's in the Hollywood world. Miley knows that very young girls look up to her and that her fans are very impressionable. She really can't do what she wants without having her every breath scrutinized. Personally, I could care less what she does. I'm not her, her parents, or any of the people in charge of her career. She doesn't have to do what I say, and I can't influence her in any way. What she chooses to do isn't any of my business. I just kind of wish so many girls didn't fall into that trap repeatedly. How bad does someone have to screw up for people to see that you cannot trust everyone? Especially with technology these days. The minute a camera flashes, you're pretty much screwed.

And this Thomas Sturges guy. I'll be honest. I don't like him. I don't know him, but I just get this bad vibe from him. I mean, from what I can tell, he's just this guy that's been seen with some people in young Hollywood. I just get the feeling that he's around them for his 15 minutes of fame. =/

Also, people are trying to say that those pictures were taken when she was 14 or that she has a look-a-like. I have to say: I THINK NOT. One, I think we've seen Miley enough to be able to distinguish between her, photoshop, or an impostor. Two, in several of the pictures, her bangs were very visible. Bangs she didn't have until a month or so ago. So, it's safe to say the bra picture and the one where she's laying across that guy's lap are fairly recent.

What I want to know is "why?" Why does Miley feel the need to take pictures like that? She already has everyone at her whim, what with her being Disney's biggest star and her million views per video Miley and Mandy show on Youtube. I mean, she's 15. When I was 15, heck, even now with me being 17, I'd feel oddly creeped out knowing that 50 year old men was watching and waiting on everything I do. Please, have a little modesty. You're making some of your more mature fans look foolish, how we try to defend you, and you just keep doing whatever.

Not only are people questioning her as a role model, but also her as a christian. Everyone knows how much she loves God, thanks to her MM video, but now people want to persecute her for not following her own words. I'm not judging her by any means, that's not my place. I'm not one to condemn someone for their wrongdoings, because I am in no way, shape, or form perfect. But I try. And I just wonder "Is Miley?"


.selah.

P.S. Emily didn't want to type this up, thinking she couldn't control herself, so I chose to.

No comments: