4/23/08

Idol goes Broadway

I've been meaning to do this every week, but obviously that didn't happen. Nonetheless, here it is: a review of Tuesday's performances of the Top 6 singing Broadway (with help from Andrew Lloyd Webber) on FOX's American Idol. Woot, woot.


Let's start with the first performer: Syesha Mercado. I've enjoyed each of Syesha's performances, but never found anything special that made me jump to my feet and applaude (like somebody else does, but we'll get to him later). One day she sounds like she's imitating Beyonce, the other it's a Whitney Houston, yesterday it was Jennifer Hudsen. She sang 'One Rock and Roll Too Many' and rocked it, of course. So tomorrow she should have safe seat on the couch. But then again, what do I know? I did predict Michael Johns would be in the top 4..

Jason Castro was next singing 'Memory'. My only memory of that performance was "When is it ending?" and "Why is he still here?" I like Jason Castro personality-wise, but his singing makes want to go to sleep. Or "feel like I'm at a luau" as Randy so well said. He's the guy version of Miss Lullaby aka Ramiele Malubay (whom I had nothing against. Much.) I completely agreed with Simon when he said those were the longest 2 minutes. I'm thinking "Bye Bye Jason."


Book Whyte. Wait, no, let's start that over. Up next Brooke White. I love this girl, she's sooo sweet (And she looks like Aly Michalka)!

But seriously, she cannot do that messing up and starting over thing live, TWICE! I'm really nervous for her today. She even managed to make Paula speechless (in a bad way) and say something sternly, and with meaning behind it. She sang 'You Must Love Me' and pulled the song off (after she remembered the lyrics) because she sang it with emotion, so...*fingers crossed*


David A., never really AMAZES me. What amazes me is how much the judges loooove the kid. He can sing, okay we got it, but all his performances sound about the same. So, besides the fact that a bunch of tweens were allowed to come hug him (no comment), nothing special to say. Oh, at least he opened his eyes, which seemed like a starin at some parts..pretty funny.


Carly Smithson rocked!....So I've gathered, because I unfortunately missed most of it. Her outfit was, well, questionable. But she's going to be safe, and that's all that matters. AND Simon liked her!! Sing on Carly. Woot woot.


And last, but most definitely not least.....DAVID COOK!! I continue to have fangirl moments after every performance. Although this wasn't his best, "he did the best he could with what he was given", says Simon and I agree. I'm already considering him to be winning but to be unbiased I'll say he should be safe tonight. *cough* DUH!!*cough*

My Bottom Three: Jason, Brooke, David A. Yes, I said David A. He won't be leaving, but if he doesn't go in there tonight, who eslse would? I'm hoping to be waving goodbye to Jason tonight.



-Camy-

No comments: